Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Turkey Burgers

My friend introduced me to this recipe, and I think it's absolutely delicious! Even my formerly only-beef-burger-eating husband eats it. :) The recipe is actually for Greek Turkey Burgers, but if you leave out the feta and the olives, they're closer to just normal turkey burgers (which is how I make James's). You can find the original recipe here, but I'm also going to put the whole recipe here so that it's all in one place. Enjoy!

  • 1 lb ground turkey
  • 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
  • 1/2 cup olive, chopped
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • 1 teaspoon dried parsley
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil (optional)
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • ground black pepper, to taste

Directions

  1. Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl.
  2. Form into 4 patties, then grill.
  3. I have served this on regular burger buns with tomatoes and mayo, and on pita with tahini, tomatoes and lettuce.

**Notes: I usually use kalamata olives, because I personally think they're delicious! To cut back on fat, you can leave out the feta or reduce it (I think the feta adds a wonderful flavor). I put red onions and lettuce on mine. James dresses his as he would a normal burger. I also want to try making pitas and putting them in a pita instead of a bun.

3 comments:

  1. Kimiko...those sound AMAZING!!!! That sounds like a good recipe for the beach house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trader Joes has a great whole wheat pita! And...what's tahini?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristin, I was planning on making these at the beach house! :) The tahini comment was on the original recipe - I've never used it. But if you're interested, I found a recipe: http://mideastfood.about.com/od/dipsandsauces/r/tahinisauce.htm. You could also put tzatziki sauce on it, which I heard from Christmas, that everyone likes.

    ReplyDelete