Monday, April 26, 2010

Garlic Chicken with Bow-Tie Pasta

Well, I guess I'll be the first to post on here so it's not just a blank blog. :) I made this recipe last week, and both James and I enjoyed it. You can find the recipe here.

The recipe was great as is. I didn't have bow-tie pasta, so I used rotini. I also used parsley instead of the cilantro, simply because we don't like cilantro. Just a warning for those who don't like spicy foods or who are feeding kids - the red pepper flakes do add quite a bit of spice, so you might want to leave them out or decrease them. And of course, to make it healthier, you can use low sodium tomatoes, low sodium chicken broth, and whole wheat pasta.

Oh, and I made it in my cast iron skillet for a little more iron content (which I can always use). James thought I was weird and making stuff up until I showed him my nutrition book. :)

1 comment:

  1. mmmm...sounds yummy. I think Aaron pretty much likes anything with pasta and mushrooms, so we will definitely have to try this! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete